As someone who practices sleep medicine, you already know how important it is to educate your patients and surrounding community about the dangers of sleep apnea. Not only are few people aware of the symptoms and risk factors, even fewer realize that dentistry can help them find relief. One way to increase public awareness about what you do is to include a quiz on your website. A quiz that someone wants to take? Trust us; it’s possible.
Pop Quiz: How Can You Benefit From Using a Quiz?
When you heard the word “quiz” in high school, you probably panicked. When you’re an adult, however, low-stakes quizzes can be enjoyable. From “What Hogwarts House Do You Belong In?” and “How Well Do You Know History?” to “How Healthy Is Your Lifestyle?” or “Are You Grinding Your Teeth?,” people love a good quiz — particularly if it’s short and relatable. There are many benefits to using a quiz to reach your community; here are just a few:
- You’ll educate the public about the dangers of sleep apnea.
- You’ll potentially help more people find the relief they’ve been seeking.
- You’ll generate new leads by obtaining the name, phone number, and email of those who take the quiz.
How To Get Started
Unless you want people to have flashbacks from high school, you’ll want to keep your quiz short and sweet — around 10 questions, ideally. Once you’ve created your quiz, use these simple steps to get started:
- Post your quiz on your website.
- Run an ad on Facebook to promote the quiz. Be sure to use language that directly relates to sleep apnea, such as “snoring” or “sleepiness.”
- Follow up on every response you get — even if there is no indication that they have apnea, as they could create additional leads.
- Schedule a consultation with anyone who is genuinely symptomatic. Consider a drip email campaign to follow up with those who don’t immediately schedule an appointment.
Quizzes are the perfect way to educate consumers and attract the type of patients you’re looking for. With the right wording, you just might end up being quizzical about all the other ways quizzes could help you grow your business and meet your practice goals.