With the growing number of sleep apnea and TMD sufferers out there you may be thinking about adding sleep dentistry services to your general practice. While you can lump this service under your general dentistry practice, your sleep practice will benefit more from having its own identity.
Sleep apnea and TMD sufferers typically search for doctor’s based on their specific condition. By branding and marketing this part of your practice separate from your general services it will be easier for patients to find you. By giving your sleep practice a unique logo, website and Facebook page you’ll attract the right patient in need of your services.
Branding your sleep practice also includes creating a separate Google My Business listing for these services. It’s important to add this second listing because your practice has a greater chance of showing up organically for people searching for these services in your area. In case you are wondering, yes, Google will allow you to list both practices under one location.
Additional benefits of giving your sleep and TMD practice its own Google My Business listing include:
- Displays useful information such as location, office hours, phone number and website making it convenient for patients to get in contact with you.
- Google My Business listings that are optimized have a better chance showing up higher in the listings, giving your sleep practice increased visibility.
- Displays reviews that build trust with potential new patients as well as current patients who might not know you offer this service.
To create a separate listing for your sleep practice:
- Create a Google account for it by going to Google.com/business.
- Enter the name of your sleep practice.
- Enter the business address.
- Choose your business category.
- Add your phone number and website.
- Choose which way you would like to verify your practice listing.
Once your practice has been verified, make sure you update your Google My Business profile. Include photos that show the exterior and interior of your location to make your listing informative and engaging. With a separate Google My Business listing, you’ll start to become known not just for your general dentistry but your sleep practice, as well.